Want to Make Your Own Self Assessment Quiz?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the data on the Key tab.
- Assign each possible outcome a number in the Key column.
- Give each possible outcome a name in the Category column.
- Give each possible outcome a text Description.
- Optional: Assign a Color (either name or HTML code) to an outcome.
- Edit the questions on the Questions tab.
- Type "Q" to indicate a question in the Key column. Enter the question in the Text column.
- Type a number corresponding to one of your defined outcomes in the Key column. Enter a multiple choice option in the Text column.
- Edit the settings in the Options tab.
- quiz name: enter a name for your quiz
- shuffle questions: enter 'yes' or 'no'
- shuffle choices: enter 'yes' or 'no'
- intro text: edit the instructions for your quiz
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background. Do not change the order of the worksheets (tabs).
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to test out your quiz.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Share the Flippity.net link with anyone you want to take your assessment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the Self Assessment scored?
- Flippity simply adds up the number of times each key number is selected and presents the corresponding result as a percentage of questions asked.
- If your key has only two possible outcomes, results are presented on a continuum.
- If your key has more than two outcomes, results are presented as individual percentage scales.
- Since multiple options may be selected for each question, it is possible results will add up to more than 100%.
How do I use pictures in my Self Assessment?
- In the appropriate cell, type [[Image: followed by the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web followed by ]].
- e.g. [[Image:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Cheers_intro_logo.jpg]]
- URLs must end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg", ".jpeg", or ".webp".
- You cannot use Google Drive to store your images.
- You can use Google Drawings. Use the "Publish to the web…" link.
- You may include text before or after the image.
- Images are automatically resized to 200 pixels high for questions and 100 pixels high for answer options.
- Smaller images load quicker.
- (Be sure you have the legal right to use each image
How do I use YouTube videos in my Self Assessment?
- In the appropriate cell, type [[ followed by YouTube's "Share this video" link followed by ]].
- e.g. [[https://youtu.be/kwFvJog2dMw]]
- You may include text before or after the video.
How many questions can I have in my Self Assessment?
- Theoretically there is no limit, but the more questions you have the slower it will load and the more likely you are to run into trouble.
- (You should be able to give a 50 question quiz without problems.)
How do I make changes to my Self Assessment?
- Make sure Automatically republish when changes are made is checked, then go ahead and make changes to your Google Spreadsheet.
- Your changes will automatically be reflected, no need to get a new link.