Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the Progress data.
- Enter as many names as you wish.
- Be sure the progress is greater than the start value and less than the end value.
- Change the title of your progress indicator by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Share, Publish to web, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to view the Progress Indicator bars.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
- Share the Flippity.net link with anyone you want to view the progress.
Frequently Asked Questions
What colors can I use?
- You can specify red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white, gray, brown, pink, and cyan.
- Default bar color is gray if you don't specify a color.
Can I use images?
- Yes. Images may be used instead of names or units. (You may use an image or text, but not both.)
- Paste the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web in the appropriate cell.
- URLs must end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg", ".jpeg", or ".webp".
- You cannot use Google Drive to store your images.
- You can use Google Drawings. Use the "Publish to the web…" link.
- Images are automatically resized to a maximum 50 pixels high or 100 pixels wide.