Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit all the competitor and event data.
- Label the leader board by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Share, Publish to web, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to view your Flippity Leader Board page.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
- Share the Flippity.net link with anyone you want to view the leader board.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set-up my leader board?
- Enter the names of your competitors in the Competitors column.
- Optional: Add images to the Avatar column (see below).
- If no image is specified the competitor's first initial will be displayed.
- Name your events in the Event Title row.
- You can use up to 99 events.
- The "Event100" column is used to automatically total the results.
- You may change the word "Overall" to another word, e.g. another language.
- Optional: Describe your events in the Event Information row.
- Optional: Use multimedia to explain events in the Event Multimedia row.
- For images see instructions below.
- For YouTube videos, paste the YouTube share link (e.g. https://youtu.be/s2nMjCKPE2M) in the appropriate cell.
- Optional: Add an external hyperlink in the Event Link row.
- Enter the scores for each event.
- The highest score is the best in Flippitly Leader Board.
- Assign point values (1st = 100, 2nd = 90, etc) for places rather than use ordinal numbers..
How do insert images?
- Paste the URL (address) of an image in the appropriate cell.
- URLs must end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg", ".jpeg", or ".webp".
- You cannot use Google Drive to store your images.
- You can use Google Drawings. Use the "Publish to the web…" link.
How do I update my leader board information?
- Make sure Automatically republish when changes are made is checked, then go ahead and make changes to your Google Spreadsheet. Your changes will automatically be reflected in the Flippity page, no need to get a new link.
- Viewers will have to refresh the page to see the latest version.