Want to Make Your Own Tournament Bracket?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the competitors.
- You may use anywhere from 4 to 64 competitors.
- Byes will automatically be added to fill up 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64-competitor brackets.
- Place the strongest competitors at the top of the list. The bracket will automatically match high-seeds against low-seeds to ensure the most competitive matches occur at the end of the tournament.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to use your tournament bracket.
- Click on a competitor to advance them to the next round. Ctrl + click a competitor to erase.
- Press "Shuffle" to randomize the bracket. Press "Clear" to erase all but the first round. Press "Reload" to return to a seeded bracket.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
- Tell your friends and colleagues about Flippity.net.
Can I make an NCAA March Madness tournament bracket?
- Yes, but a March Madness bracket is already seeded and broken into regions, so you'd need to list the teams in the order of their seeds. For the 2017 tournament you would enter in this order: Villanova (1), Gonzaga(1), Kansas(1), North Carolina(1), Duke(2), Arizona(2), Louisville(2), Kentucky(2), Baylor(3), etc.
- You cannot use more than 64 teams so you won't be able to show the "First Four."
Can I save my progress?
- Sorry, no. You'll need to complete your tournanment in one session or re-create the results each time you load the page.
- (If you shuffle the competitors you won't have any way of recreating those match-ups again later.)