Want to Make Your Own Random Name Picker?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit the Names. Enter as many as you wish.
- Label your roster by changing the name of the worksheet (at the bottom).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Click on the Flippity.net link to pick a random name, lineup, group, team, or seating arrangement.
Step 4: Bookmark and Share
- Bookmark the page to find it again quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make changes to my roster?
- Make sure Automatically republish when changes are made is checked, then go ahead and make changes to your Google Spreadsheet.
- Your changes will automatically be reflected the next time you open the Random Name Picker.
How can I make sure the spinner wheel doesn't pick a student twice?
- The spinner wheel is truly random; every name has an equal chance of being picked each time you spin the wheel. Use the Single Name or Lineup tabs if you want each student to be selected once before repeating.
How do I add a class to the spreadsheet?
- At this time you must use a new spreasheet for each class.