Want to Make Your Own Quiz Show?
Step 1: Modify the Google Spreadsheet Template
- Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)
- Edit all the Quiz Show Questions (and answers and categories).
- Do not edit any cell with a blue background. Don't delete rows or columns.
Step 2: Publish Your Spreadsheet
- Go to File, Publish to the Web
, then click Publish.
- Copy the link under the Link tab.
Step 3: Get Your Flippity.net Link
- Click on the Get the Link Here tab of the template (at the bottom).
- Paste the link in the light green cell (A3) to get the link to your Flippity Quiz Show.
Step 4: Click, Bookmark, and Share
- Click on the Flippity.net link to test out your game.
- Make a shortcut or bookmark to get back to the game whenever you want to play.
- Tell your friends and colleagues about Flippity.net.
Is Flippity Quiz Show free?
What if I need to make changes to my quiz show?
- Make sure Automatically republish when changes are made is checked, then go ahead and make changes to your Google Spreadsheet.
- Your changes will automatically be reflected, no need to get a new link.
Is my quiz show private?
- Technically, no, because you've published your spreadsheet.
- To delete your Quiz Show simply click Stop publishing under File, Publish to the Web… or delete your spreadsheet altogether.
How do I use pictures in my quiz show?
- In the appropriate cell, type [[Image: followed by the URL (address) of a picture you find on the web followed by ]].
- e.g. [[Image:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Milhouse.PNG]]
- You may include text before or after the image.
- Images are automatically resized to 400 pixels high.
- (Be sure you have the legal right to use each image.)
How do I use YouTube videos in my quiz show?
- In the appropriate cell, type [[ followed by YouTube's "Share this video" link followed by ]].
- e.g. [[http://youtu.be/kwFvJog2dMw]]
- You may include text before or after the video.
Can I change the team names?
- Yes, in a modern browser just click on a team name to edit it.
- (Team names are not saved anywhere. You'll need to re-type each time you play.)
Can I change the point values?
Do I have to use all 30 questions?
- No. Type an "X" in each category you don't want to use (the gray cells, not the blue ones) and that column won't display.
- Type an "X" in any question cell and that row won't display.
Can I use more than 30 questions?
Does quiz show work without an Internet connection?
sort of. Once the game is loaded it no longer needs an Internet connection to work but images and videos will not display properly without one.
Why isn't my quiz show working?
- In descending order of likelihood:
- You deleted a row or column from the template and/or altered text in blue cells.
- Your school district's policies are preventing you from publicly publishing Google docs.
- You didn't copy the right link (under "Get a link to the published data").
- You didn't start with the right template.
- Your browser is having issues. Clear your cache and reload.
- Google Apps is having issues (check here: http://www.google.com/appsstatus).
- The Internet is down.
How do I contact you?